This cured seasoned pork is similar to class Ukrainian Salo (Bacon). Its simmered in water with onion skins, which gives it a nice smell, color and aroma. Then it is toped with crushed garlic and dills.
3.) Pour water all the way up to the top.
4.) Cover with the top and cook until boiling. Reduce heat to low and continue boiling for 1 1/2 hours.
- 48oz Cured Salt Pork
- 20oz onion skin
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 3 Tbsp chopped Dill
- Wash Onion skin, dry well.
- Put onion skin on the sides and uncovered pork in the middle.
- Pour water all the way up to the top.
- Cover with the top and cook until boiling. Reduce heat to low and continue boiling for 1½ hours.
- Drain and cool the pork. Chop dill and crush garlic, mix them together well.
- Cover the pork with the garlic mixture, make sure its on all the sides.
- Place into serving dish, Enjoy!