These cabbage roulettes are stuffed with juicy fabulous tasting peppered carrots. They are great as a quick snack or a side meal.
Ingredients For The Recipe:
Directions For The Recipe:
1.) Bring marinade ingredients to a boil and cool. Julienne carrots.
2) Cut wilted cabbage leaves into pieces.
3.) Place a handful of carrots at one end of each cabbage piece. Place into a deep dish, sprinkle with crushed garlic and pour over the cool marinade. Marinade 8 hours or overnight before serving.
- 3 Carrots, julienned
- 1 small head of Cabbage
- 1 head garlic, crushed
- 1 Cup of Water
- ½ cup of Olive oil
- ⅓ cup vinegar
- 1 TBSP sugar
- 2 TBSP salt
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- TO MAKE MARINADE: Bring the marinade ingredients to a boil and cool.
- Wilt cabbage by boiling in water for 5 minutes and removing leaves one by one (like you would do for cabbage rolls.)
- Cut cabbage leaves into pieces (about 3" wide) and place carrots onto the end of each piece and roll up.
- Place roll-ups into a deep dish and sprinkle with crushed garlic over the top. Pour cooled marinade over the top and marinade at least 8 hours before serving.